In my last blog post, COVID and My Attendant Care, I was dealing with an attendant who refused to wear a mask when in my house. Due to the situation I decided to write up a COVID Policy for all of my attendants to follow.
Here's what I've written so far:
Due to the coronavirus, I have listed some new expectations so we can be safe and healthy in my home. These expectations are in effect immediately until further notice.
1. Please wear a mask every shift
2. If you forget your mask, please go home and get it. If you don't, you will not be let into my apartment and will not get paid for that shift.
3. Please wear gloves. If you don't have gloves, they will be provided for you.
4. Please clean every surface that you touch. (This includes but is not limited to the front doorknob, refrigerator door handles, counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as my durable medical equipment. (i.e., my crutches and wheelchair.)
5. Please be prepared to do additional cleaning when asked
6. If you are sick in any way, a cough, sneeze, sniffle, or fever, please call me as soon as possible so I can get a replacement for your shift.
7. Please limit skin to skin contact whenever possible when doing my personal care routine.
8. Please social distance whenever possible.
9. Please take your temperature (when asked) before coming to work.
10. Please bring some spare clean clothes ( that have not been worn outside) to wear at work.
What do you think about my current policy? If you like it, feel free to use it for your own purposes.
If you have suggestions to improve the policy please let me know.
Let's have a discussion!